As they move on to the next developmental levels, elementary students begin their journey in acquiring basic skills.
HighScope Elementary Program’s approach incorporates elements that function within HighScope’s open framework philosophy. The elements are:
- Collaborative Learning Support
- Enriching Learning Environment
- Democratic Learning Atmosphere
- Rigorous Learning Content
- Comprehensive Assessment of & for Learning
- Impactful Learning Strategies
- Structured Learning Activities
Sekolah HighScope Indonesia implements curriculum according to international standards and also covers the required national content. They develop initiative, leadership, inter and intra personal skills, as well as management skills through the Plan-Do-Review© process as part of their daily schedule.
The Elementary School Programs covers subjects as follows:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Social studies
- Religion (Islamic, Christian, Catholic, Hindu & Budha)
- Physical Education
The HighScope curriculum also integrates thinking skills, both of critical and creative thinking and emphasizes enduring understanding of its learners.